TOP REASONS YOUR CHECK ENGINE LIGHT MAY BE ON:
- A problem with the Mass Air Flow (MAF) sensor or circuit.
- System Running Too Lean. An oxygen sensor detected a lean condition (too much oxygen in the exhaust).
- System Running Too Rich: The oxygen sensor detected a rich condition (or a too-high fuel to oxygen ratio).
- Cylinder Misfire: Random or multiple misfires in your engine.
- Knock Sensor Circuit Malfunction
- Insufficient EGR (Exhaust Gas Recirculation) Flow
- Catalyst System Efficiency below Threshold
At AAMCO Arizona centers, our technicians understand the reasons why your check engine light might be on, they’ll quickly pin-point what is causing the problem and will recommend only what needs repair.